Sunday, March 19, 2023

pronouns and Possessives: revision exercises

 Here are some exercises to help you revise pronouns and possessive pronouns. Choose the correct pronoun for each sentence:

  1. This book belongs to Sarah. It's _____ book. (her / hers)
  2. Can you give _____ a hand with this? (I / me)
  3. _____ am going to the store. Do you want to come with _____? (I / me)
  4. I can't find _____ keys. Have you seen them? (my / mine)
  5. _____ friends are coming over tonight. (They / Their)
  6. The dog is chasing _____ tail. (its / it's)
  7. She loves reading, so _____ bought a new book. (she / her)
  8. _____ always help each other with homework. (We / Us)
  9. This is _____ favorite movie. (your / yours)
  10. He can't find _____ hat. Can you help him look for it? (his / him)

Answers:

  1. This book belongs to Sarah. It's her book.
  2. Can you give me a hand with this?
  3. I am going to the store. Do you want to come with me?
  4. I can't find my keys. Have you seen them?
  5. Their friends are coming over tonight.
  6. The dog is chasing its tail.
  7. She loves reading, so she bought a new book.
  8. We always help each other with homework.
  9. This is your favorite movie.
  10. He can't find his hat. Can you help him look for it?

These exercises should help you revise pronouns and possessive pronouns. Practice using them in different contexts to become more comfortable with their usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment