Sunday, April 9, 2023

To,too,two



Hello,

Let's talk about the difference between to, too, and two.

These three words are English homophones.

They sound the same in spoken English, but they have very different meanings. 
They are very common in English, so it is important that you know the differences.


To


To is a preposition

It is used in several ways. We will look at two of the most common ways.
1. To is used to show a relation or connection.

Examples:
  • She is married to John.
  • Is Sally related to you? Yes, she is my aunt.
  • How is John related to you? He is my uncle.
2. To means to go toward something in the direction of something

Examples:
  • I will throw the ball to him.
  • We are driving to California.
  • When are you going to church?


Too


Too is an English adverb meaning:

1. also

Examples:
  • She will be visiting too.
  • Are you going too?
  • Hand me the pencils and the paper too.
2. an excessive amount

Examples:
  • I ate too much cake.
  • Her hair is too curly.
  • It is too much work.


Two


Two is the number that comes after one.

Examples:
  • There are two boys in my family.
  • I have two questions.
  • She ate two slices of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment