Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Future : I am to .....

 The structure "I am to" is used to talk about future plans or arrangements that are already decided or agreed upon. It is often used in formal situations, such as in official announcements or schedules. Here are some examples:

  1. The president is to give a speech tomorrow evening.
  2. The plane is to depart at 7 am.
  3. The team is to play in the championship next week.

Here are some exercises to help you practice using the "I am to" structure:

  1. Rewrite the following sentences using the "I am to" structure:

a. I will attend the meeting next Monday. b. We will have a party on Saturday evening. c. She will start her new job next month.

  1. Complete the following sentences with the correct form of "I am to":

a. The CEO ___________ meet with the board of directors this afternoon. b. The concert ___________ start at 8 pm. c. The guests ___________ arrive at the hotel tomorrow morning.

Answers:

  1. a. I am to attend the meeting next Monday. b. We are to have a party on Saturday evening. c. She is to start her new job next month.
  2. a. is to, b. is to, c. are to

Explanation:

In these exercises, you need to use the "I am to" structure to talk about future plans or arrangements that are already decided or agreed upon. Remember to use the correct form of "I am to" based on the subject of the sentence. This structure is often used in formal situations, so it is important to pay attention to the appropriate level of formality when using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment