Thursday, February 16, 2023

My poor old house

 My old house, where memories were made

A place of laughter, love, and joy displayed Where every room held a story untold And memories of days, both young and old

But then one day, I had to depart As the government came, and took it apart My heart was heavy, as I watched it fall And with it, my memories, to the ground did crawl

But time marched on, and the world changed pace And I returned, to this forgotten place With a fire in my heart, and a will so strong To rebuild my house, and right what was wrong

And so I worked, with a steady hand Rebuilding the walls, and laying down the land And as the new house took form, so too did my dreams And my memories were reborn, like a phoenix it seems

For though the walls are new, and the roof is bright The love and laughter, are still burning bright And in this house, my memories will always be Reborn and reborn, for all the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment