Saturday, February 5, 2022

How to avoid making 100 mistake

 3.Nominative and objective case      

Rasa emerore dhe kallezore 

Pronouns that are used as subjects of verbs are: I, he, she, we, they and you 

Peremra qe perdoren si kryefjale jane: I, he, she, we, they dhe you 


  • Neither Alice nor I like the opera. (Not Neither Alice nor me like the opera. Here the pronouns Alice and I are parts of the subject. Ketu Alice dhe I jane pjese te kryefjales.) 


Pronouns that are used as objects of verbs or prepositions are: me, him, her, us, then and you. Note that you does not change its form. 

Peremrat qe perdoren si peremra te foljeve ose parafjaleve jane: me, him, her, us, them dhe you. Ver re qe you nuk ndryshon formen e saj. 


  • I tracled him. (Not I tracled he. Here him is the object of the verb tracled. Ketu him eshte kundrinori i foljes tracled) 

  • She sat above me. (NOT She sat above I. Here me is the object of the preposition above. Ketu me eshte kundrinori i parafjales above.) 


  • Between you and me there are few secrets. (NOT Between you and I there are few secrets. Here the pronouns you and me are the objects of the preposition between. Ketu peremrat you dhe me jane kundrinoret e parafjales between.) 


  • There are no problems with him and her. (NOT There are no problems between he and she.) 

  • Let you and me do it. (NOT Let you and I do it. Here you and me are the objects of the verb let. Ketu you dhe me jane kundrinoret e foljes let.) 


  • He has gives great trouble to my father and me. (NOT He has given great trouble to my father and I. Here my father and I are the objects of the preposition to. Ketu my father dhe I jane kundrinoret e parafjales to.) 


Grammarians formerly used to recommend that a pronoun used as the complement of the verb be (is/am/are/was/were), should be in the nominative (subject) form. Today the use of the nominative form in such cases is considered extremely formal and over-correct. Instead, we use the objective form 

Gramatikanet me pare rekomandonin qe nje peremer i perdorur si plotesues i foljes be(is/am/are/was/were), duhet te jete ne rasen emerore(kryefjale). Sot perdorimi i formes emerore ne raste te tilla konsiderohet si jashtezakonisht formal dhe teper korrekte. Ne vend te saj, ne perdorim rasen kallezore. 


  • It is me. (More natural than Me e zakonte se It is I.) 

  • That was him. (More natural than Me e zakonte se That was he.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment