Friday, February 4, 2022

How to avoid 100 common mistakes

2.Neither, nor and not … either 


Negative additions to negative remarks are made with nor/neither + auxiliary verb + subject 


Shtimi i negatives ne shenimet negative behet me nor/neither + folje ndihmese + kryefjale 


  • Incorrect: Jo korrekte: ´I can´t swim.´ ´I also can´t´ 


  • Correct: Korrekte: ´I can´t swim.´ ´Neither/nor can I.´ 


  • Incorrect: Jo korrekte: John didn´t come, and Peter didn´t too. 


  • Correct: Korrekte: John didn´t come, neither/nor did Peter. 



Not either means the same as neither and nor. It is preceded by subject + auxiliary verb. 



Not either ka te njejtin kuptim me neither dhe nor. Ajo paraprihet nga kryefjale + folje modale. 


  • Incorrect: Jo korrekte: ´I can´t swim.´ ´I also can´t´ 

  • Correct: Korrekte: ´I can´t swim.´ ´I can´t either.´ 

No comments:

Post a Comment