Tuesday, February 1, 2022

-ed and - ing adjectives

 -ed and -ing adjectives 

Mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ed dhe -ing 

 

     Do you know the difference between bored and boring? Look at these examples to see how adjectives ending in -ed and -ing are used. 

     A e dini ndryshimin midis bored dhe boringShikoni këta shembuj për të parë se si përdoren mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ed dhe -ing. 

  • I was really bored in that presentation. 

  • That was a really boring presentation. 

 

 

     Try this exercise to test your grammar. 

     Provoni këtë ushtrim për të testuar njohuritë tuaja gramatikore. 

  1. You look really ___. Why dont you go to bed?  

  • tired  

  • tiring 

 

  1. Can I call you? Ive got some very ___ news for you!  

  • excited  

  • exciting 

 

  1. My neighbor is always playing loud music. Its very ___.  

  • annoyed  

  • annoying 

 

  1. The directions were ___ and we got lost.  

  • confused  

  • confusing 

 

  1. I was really ___ that I won the competition.  

  • surprised  

  • surprising 

 

  1. She didnt call about the car. I dont think shes ___ in buying it.  

  • interested  

  • interesting 

 

  1. My cats get really ___ when theres a thunderstorm.  

  • frightened  

  • frightening 

 

  1. His exam results were really ___.  

  • disappointed 

  • disappointing 

 

 

     Read the explanation to learn more. 

     Lexoni shpjegimin për të mësuar më shumë. 

 

Grammar explanation 

Shpjegimi gramatikor 

     Adjectives that end in -ed (e.g. bored, interested) and adjectives that end in -ing (e.g. boring, interesting) are often confused. 

     Mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ed (p.sh. i mërzituri interesuardhe mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ing (p.sh mërzitshmeinteresanteshpesh ngatërrohen 

 

 

-ed adjectives 

mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ed 

     Adjectives that end in -ed generally describe emotions – they tell us how people feel. 

     Mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ed përgjithësisht përshkruajnë ndjenja – ato na tregojnë se si ndihen njerëzit. 

  • I was so bored in that lesson, I almost fell asleep. 

  • He was surprised to see Helen after all those years. 

  • She was really tired and went to bed early. 

 

 

-ing adjectives 

mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ing 

     Adjectives that end in -ing generally describe the thing that causes the emotion – a boring lesson makes you feel bored. 

     Mbiemrat që mbarojnë me -ing përgjithësisht përshkruajnë gjënë që shkakton ndjenjën – një leksion i mërzitshëm të bën të ndihesh i mërzitur. 

  • Have you seen that film? Its really frightening. 

  • I could listen to her for hours. Shes so interesting. 

  • I cant sleep! That noise is really annoying! 

 

     Here are some adjectives that can have both an -ed and an -ing form. 

     Këtu ndodhen disa mbiemra që mund t’i marrin edhe formën -ed edhe formën -ing. 

 

annoyed 

annoying 

bored 

boring 

confused 

confusing 

disappointed 

disappointing 

excited 

exciting 

frightened 

frightening 

interested 

interesting 

surprised 

surprising 

tired 

tiring 

worried 

worrying 

 

 

     Choose the correct word. 

     Zgjidhni fjalën e duhur. 

  1. Shes a big dog but you dont need to be ___.  

  • frightened 

  • frightening 

 

  1. The instructions for my new coffee machine are really ___.  

  • confused 

  • confusing 

 

  1. I loved my maths teacher! Lessons with her were never ___.  

  • bored  

  • boring 

 

  1. That shop never has any customers. Im ___ its still there.  

  • surprised 

  • surprising 

 

  1. The battery on my phone only lasts about two hours. Its really ___.  

  • annoyed 

  • annoying 

 

  1. I was ___ that I didnt get the job.  

  • disappointed 

  • disappointing 

 

  1. Im reading a really ___ book.  

  • interested 

  • interesting 

 

  1. The children were so ___ they couldnt sleep.  

  • excited 

  • exciting 

No comments:

Post a Comment