Friday, February 18, 2022

Conditional

 Conditionals 1 

Mënyra kushtore 1 

 

     Do you know how to use the zero, first and second conditionals? Look at these examples to see how zero, first and second conditionals are used. 

     A dini si të përdorni kushtoren e tipit zero, të parë dhe të dytë? Shikoni këta shembuj për të parë si përdoren kushtorja e tipit zero, të parë dhe të dytë. 

  • If you freeze water, it becomes solid. 

  • If it rains tomorrow, I'll take the car. 

  • If I lived closer to the cinema, I would go more often. 

 

 

Try this exercise to test your grammar. 

Provoni këtë ushtrim për të testuar njohuritë tuaja gramatikore 

 

 

   Choose the correct option to complete the sentences. 

   Zgjidhni opsionin e saktë për plotësuar fjalitë. 

 

  1. When I go on holiday, I always _____ my neighbour to water my plants. 

  • ask 

  • asked 

  • would ask 

 

  1. If I _____ the problem to my sister, she'll be happy to help me. 

  • explain 

  • explained 

  • will explain 

 

  1. We'll be late for the film if we _____. 

  • didn't hurry up 

  • won't hurry up 

  • don't hurry up 

 

  1. If I didn't need the money, _____ less. 

  • I work 

  • I'll work 

  • I'd work 

 

  1. If you _____ a red card, you can't play in the rest of the game. 

  • get 

  • got 

  • will get 

 

  1. What would you say if he _____ you on a date? 

asks 

asked 

would ask 

 

  1. I'll have a shower as soon as _____ home. 

  • I get 

  • I'll get 

  • I'd get 

 

  1. I _____ English every day if I had time. 

  • studied 

  • will study 

  • would study 

 

 

 

Read the explanation to learn more. 

Lexoni shpjegimin për mësuar shumë. 

 

 

 

Grammar explanation 

Shpjegimi gramatikor 

 

     Conditionals describe the result of a certain condition. The if clause tells you the condition (If you study hard) and the main clause tells you the result (you will pass your exams). The order of the clauses does not change the meaning. 

     Mënyra kushtore përshkruan rezultatin e një kushti të caktuar. Pjesa me Nëse ju tregon kushtin (Nëse studioni fort) dhe pjesa kryesore ju tregon rezultatin (ju do të kaloni provimet). Rendi i pjesëve nuk ndryshon kuptimin. 

  • If you study hard, you will pass your exams. 

  • You will pass your exams if you study hard. 

 

     Conditional sentences are often divided into different types. 

     Fjalitë kushtore shpesh janë të ndara në tipe të ndryshme. 

 

 

 

Zero conditional 

Kushtorja e tipit zero 

     We use the zero conditional to talk about things that are generally true, especially for laws and rules. 

     Ne përdorim kushtoren e tipit zero për të folur rreth gjërave që janë në përgjithësi të vërteta, veçanërisht për ligjet dhe rregullat. 

  • If I drink too much coffee, I can't sleep at night. 

  • Ice melts if you heat it. 

  • When the sun goes down, it gets dark. 

 

     The structure is: if/when + present simple >> present simple. 

     Struktura është: nëse/kur + koha e tashme >> koha e tashme. 

 

 

 

First conditional 

Kushtorja e tipit të parë 

     We use the first conditional when we talk about future situations we believe are real or possible. 

     Ne përdorim kushtoren e tipit të parë për të folur për situata në të ardhmen që ne besojmë se janë reale apo të vërteta. 

  • If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll go to the beach. 

  • Arsenal will be top of the league if they win. 

  • When I finish work, I'll call you. 

 

     In first conditional sentences, the structure is usually: if/when + present simple >> will + infinitive. It is also common to use this structure with unless, as long as, as soon as or in case instead of if. 

     fjalitë kushtore tipit parë, struktura është zakonisht: nëse/kur + koha e tashme >> will + paskajore. është gjithashtu e zakonshme përdorim këtë strukturë me shprehjet, vetëm nëse, për sa kohë , sapo apo rast se vend nëse. 

  • I'll leave as soon as the babysitter arrives. 

  • I don't want to stay in London unless I get a well-paid job. 

  • I'll give you a key in case I'm not at home. 

  • You can go to the party, as long as you're back by midnight. 

 

 

Second conditional 

Kushtorja e tipit të dytë 

     The second conditional is used to imagine present or future situations that are impossible or unlikely in reality. 

     Kushtorja e tipit të dytë përdoret për të imagjinuar situata në të tashmen apo në të ardhmen të cilat janë të pamundura dhe vështirë se mund të ndodhin në realitet. 

  • If we had a garden, we could have a cat. 

  • If I won a lot of money, I'd buy a big house in the country. 

  • I wouldn't worry if I were you. 

 

     The structure is usually: if + past simple >> + would + infinitive. When if is followed by the verb be, it is grammatically correct to say if I were, if he were, if she were and if it were. However, it is also common to hear these structures with was, especially in the he/she form. 

      Struktura është zakonisht: nëse + koha e kryer e thjeshtë >> + do + paskajore. Kur nëse ndiqet nga folja jam, është gramatikisht e saktë për të përdorur were edhe me vetën e parë dhe të tretë (kujtojmë se were përdoret në vetën e dytë: You were). Megjithatë, është gjithashtu e zakontë t’i dëgjojmë këto struktura me was, veçanërisht me format ai/ajo. 

  • If I were you, I wouldn't mention it. 

  • If she was prime minister, she would invest more money in schools. 

  • He would travel more if he was younger. 

 

 

 

Do this exercise to test your grammar again. 

Bëni këtë ushtrim për të testuar sërish njohuritë tuaja gramatikore. 

 

   Choose the correct option to complete the sentences. 

   Zgjidhni opsionin e saktë për të plotësuar fjalitë. 

 

  1. What would you do differently if you _____ to do this again? 

  • have 

  • had 

  • would have 

 

  1. If I _____ the more expensive bike, I won't have enough money to pay my rent. 

  • buy 

  • bought 

  • will buy 

 

  1. The project _____ delayed if I don't finish this report on time. 

  • is 

  • will be 

  • would be 

 

  1. If I _____ you, I'd go to the doctor's. 

  • am 

  • were 

  • will be 

 

  1. When I look at a computer screen for too long, I _____ a headache. 

  • get 

  • got 

  • would get 

 

  1. You don't need to print your ticket as long as _____ the email. 

  • you have 

  • you had 

  • you'll have 

 

  1. If I cared what people think, I _____ a very boring life! 

  • had 

  • will have 

  • would have 

 

  1. I'll go and visit her as soon as I _____ time. 

  • have 

  • will have 

  • had 

No comments:

Post a Comment