Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hi there,

If you try to do the following exercises, the answers will be shown during your lesson in the class in the coming session.

fm

GERUND OR INFINITIVE


Q1 …… me if I’ve told you this before.

(a) Stopping                   (b) Stopped                         (c) Stops                    (d) Stop

Q2 All I can say at the moment is: Long ….. the company!

(a) live                     (b) lives                       (c) lived                    (d) living

Q3 Sometimes I wish I …… what the future holds.

(a) know                       (b) known                          (c) knew                        (d) knows

Q4 And at other times I’m glad I …… know what the future holds.

(a) didn’t                         (b) doesn’t                          (c) hadn’t                        (d) don’t

Q5 Let’s …… there tomorrow if it’s fine.

(a) going                         (b) gone                          (c) go                                (d) goes

Q6 Try …… the door really hard if you want to open it.

(a) pushing                        (b) push                               (c) pushes                          (d) pushed

Q7 Try ……. these irregular verbs by next week.

(a) learned                     (b) to learn                      (c) learns                       (d) learning

Q8 I really appreciate your …… me at this difficult time.

(a) helps                         (b) help                         (c) helped                           (d) helping

Q9 I’ll finish now and I look forward to …… you again soon.

(a) seeing                           (b) see                     (c) seen                          (d) having seen

Q10 Please come back soon and ……. the work you started two weeks ago.


(a) finished                              (b) finishing                     (c) finish                          (d) finishes 

No comments:

Post a Comment