Sunday, August 10, 2014

The  following exercises are a number of incomplete sentences. Please try to make the right choice. 
If you need any help, just write to my address. 

fm

A COLLISION : FINISH THIS STORY

Q1 I really can’t tell what’s ……
(
a)   Going on       (b) taking off        (c) going by          (d) taking in

Q2 The trouble is somebody is ………

(a)   Standing to me                           (b) standing from me
( c) standing in front of me              (d) standing about me

Q3 The best thing I suppose is to ask him ……..

(a) to disappear    (b) to vanish            (c) to move         (d) to depart

Q4 That’s better I’ve got a clearer ……..

(a) sight now          (b) view now           (c) picture now   (d) vision now

Q5 It looks from what I can see as if there’s been some kind of ……

(a) collision            (b) event                   (c) situation         (d) position

Q6 Yes, now he’s gone I can see that there are two cars in the car park that have ……

(a) gone through each one                            (b) gone by one another
(c) gone into one another                              (d) gone into each one

Q7 There are a lot of people there in the car park and they’re ……

(a) sailing their arms about                          (b) waving their arms about
(c) turning their arms about                         (d) driving their arms about

Q8 I’m walking right up to the crowd now to see   …….

(a) what’s happen    (b) what’s happens    (c) what’s happened   (d) what’s occurring

Q9 Now I can see quite clearly that the big red car has ……

(a) stricken the little blue one       (b) struck the little blue one
(c) stroked the little blue one        (d) stuck the little blue one

Q10 Oh dear I’ve just discovered that the little blue one …..


(a) belongs to me    (b) is belonging to me   (c) belonged to me    (d) has belonged to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment