Monday, August 18, 2014

Hi everyone,

We often find ourselves into certain emotional expressions such as temper, anger, jealousy, hatred, fear, selfishness,impatience, and egoism. Such expressions simply represent mind, at certain states, expressing the lower qualities of feeling, whereas the development of generosity, patience, understanding, confidence, tolerance, tenderness, love, and compassion represent emotion lifted to a constructive level. 

I wish you all enjoy what comes following...

fm



Trifles

Why do I look so ugly when I miss the bus?
Or can’t  borrow the car and have to walk for once?
Yet I know that in Asia people have to walk every day,
between the poles of a rich man’s rickshaw
-for just a handful of rice.
Why do I grumble about a minor illness
and worry about wrinkles or spots
when I know that thousands
carry an incurable illness in their body.
And thousands are being tortured for their beliefs,
for the color of their skin or for nothing at all.
Why do I feel put on when I have to queue,
or walk in the rain or when I’m kept waiting?
Don’t I ever think of others, those with no legs,
or those who must live in bed,
the people who would be so happy, just once,
to be able to queue, or, just once,
to walk in the rain, or to be kept waiting.
And if my meal isn’t served on time
Why do I forget that millions of people
are never able to sit at a full table?
We are laughable, pathetic, stupid creatures,
who spoil our own lives, who spoil the lives of others,
because of a multitude of petty trifles,
when we ought to be so grateful
for every new day, for all the good things of life,
which we don't even deserve.
We have a fever

and our fever is really a madman’s selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment