Sunday, May 22, 2022

Wishes Dëshirat

 Wishes 

Dëshirat 

 

   We use the verb wish or the phrase if only to talk about things which we want but which are not possible: 

   Ne përdorim foljen dëshiroj apo shprehjen sikur për të folur rreth gjërave që ne i duam por janë të pamundura: 

  • I wish I could see you next week. 

  • If only we could stop for a drink. 

  • I wish we had a bigger house. 

  • They are always busy. If only they had more time. 

  • John was very lazy at school. Now he wishes he had worked harder. 

 

 

We use wish and if only with past tense forms: 

Ne përdorim dëshiroj dhe sikur me format e kohës së shkuar: 

 

  • We use past tense modals would and could to talk about wishes for the future: 

Ne përdorim foljet modale në të shkuarën, would dhe could, për të folur rreth dëshirave për të ardhmen: 

  • I don't like my work. I wish I could get a better job. 

  • That's a dreadful noise. I wish it would stop. 

  • I always have to get home early. If only my parents would let me stay out later. 

 

 

  • We use past simple and continuous to talk about wishes for the present: 

Ne përdorim kohën e kryer të thjeshtë dhe të vazhduar për të folur për dëshira në të tashmen: 

  • I don't like this place. I wish I lived somewhere more interesting. 

  • These seats are very uncomfortable. I wish we were travelling first class. 

  • I wish I was taller. 

  • John wishes he wasn't so busy. 

  • I'm freezing. If only it wasn't so cold. 

 

 

  • After I/he/she/it, we can use wereinstead ofwas: 

Pas unë/ai/ajo, ne mund të përdorim were në vend të was: 

  • I wish I was/were taller. 

  • John wishes he wasn't/weren't so busy. 

  • I'm freezing. If only it wasn't/weren't so cold. 

 

 

  • We use the past perfect to talk about wishes for the past: 

Ne përdorim të kryerën e plotë për të folur për dëshira të së shkuarës: 

  • I wish I had worked harder when I was at school. 

  • Mary wishes she had listened to what her mother told her. 

  • I wish I hadn’t spent so much money last month. 

 

 

 

   Are these wishes about the past, present or future? Choose the correct form to complete each sentence. 

   A janë këto dëshira për të shkuarën, të tashmen apo të ardhmen? Zgjidhni formën e duhur për të plotësuar secilën fjali. 

 

I wish our neighbours ___ arguing. They're at it all the time. 

  • Top of Form 

  • had stopped 

  • stopped 

  • would stop 

 

If only I ___ so much. I can hardly move! 

  • hadn't eaten 

  • didn't eat 

  • wouldn't eat 

 

Don't you ever wish you ___ more free time? 

  • had had 

  • had 

  • would have 

 

I sometimes wish I ___ to university after I left school. 

  • had gone 

  • went 

  • would goBottom of Form 

 

 

What an awful party. I wish I ___. 

  • hadn't come 

  • didn't come 

  • wouldn't come 

 

If only it ___ raining! I have to go out soon. 

  • had stopped 

  • stopped 

  • would stop 

 

It's a fantastic book! I've almost finished it. I wish it ___ longer. 

  • had been 

  • was/were 

  • would be 

 

I love Athens. If only the summers ___ so hot! 

  • hadn't been 

  • weren't 

  • wouldn't be 

 

I wish you ___ your mind up. We've been in this shop for hours! 

  • had made 

  • made 

  • would make 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment