Saturday, April 23, 2022

Reciprocal pronouns Përemrat reciprokë

 Reciprocal pronouns 

Përemrat reciprokë 

 

   We use the reciprocal pronouns each other and one another when two or more people do the same thing. 

   Ne i përdorim përemrat reciprokë each other dhe one another ( dyja me kuptimin njëri-tjetri) kur dy apo më shumë njerëz bëjnë të njëjtën gjë. 

  • Peter and Mary helped each other. 

= Peter helped Mary and Mary helped Peter. 

  • We sent one another Christmas cards. 

= We sent them a Christmas card and they sent us a Christmas card. 

  • They didn't look at each other. 

= X didn't look at Y and Y didn't look at X. 

 

   We also use the possessive forms each other's and one another's: 

   Ne gjithashtu përdorim edhe format pronore të each other’s dhe one another’s ( dyja me kuptimin të njëri-tjetrit): 

  • They helped to look after each other's children. 

  • The group of students often stayed in one another's houses. 

 

Note that we do not use reciprocal pronouns as the subject of a clause. 

Mbani mend se ne nuk i përdorim përemrat reciprokë si kryefjala e një fjalie. 

 

 

 

 

   Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence. Use 'each other' or 'one another'. 

   Plotësoni fjalinë e dytë në mënyrë që të ketë të njëjtin kuptim me të parën. Përdorni ‘each other’ ose ‘one another’. 

  1. The dog looked at the cat and the cat looked at the dog. 

The animals _________ . 

 

  1. Romeo loved Juliet and Juliet loved Romeo. 

Romeo ________ . 

 

  1. You didn't talk to Jack and he didn't talk to you. 

You _________ . 

 

  1. I gave him a present and he gave me a present. 

We ___________ . 

 

  1. Last night I met my girlfriend's parents and she met mine. 

My girlfriend and I __________ last night. 

 

  1. My brother used to borrow my clothes and I used to borrow his. 

My brother and I used to ___________ . 

 

 

 

Be careful! 

Kini kujdes! 

   Reciprocal pronouns and plural reflexive pronouns (ourselves, yourselves, themselves) have different meanings: 

   Përemrat reciprokë dhe përemrat vetvetorë shumës (ourselves, yourselves, themselves) kanë kuptime të ndryshme. 

  • John and Fred talk to each other regularly. 

= John talks to Fred and Fred talks to John. 

  • John and Fred regularly talk to themselves. 

= John talks to himself and Fred talks to himself. 

 

 

 

 

 

   Choose the sentence which means the same thing as the first sentence. 

   Zgjidhni fjalinë e cila nënkupton të njëjtën gjë si fjalia e parë. 

  1. I teach Dagmara English and she teaches me Polish. 

  • We teach each other. 

  • We teach ourselves. 

 

  1. After the boy's accident, both his parents felt guilty. 

  1. Top of Form 

  • They blamed one another for the accident. 

  • They blamed themselves for the accident. 

 

  1. On Christmas Day, I gave Magda a book and she gave me the same book! 

  • We bought each other the same book! 

  • We bought ourselves the same book! 

 

  1. Both my brothers have problems with their knees from playing rugby. 

  • They hurt one another playing rugby. 

  • They hurt themselves playing rugby. 

 

  1. After the match, everyone in the team felt sad. 

  • They felt sorry for one another. 

  • They felt sorry for themselves. 

 

  1. Once a week, I cook dinner for Rafael and he cooks dinner for me. 

  • We cook for each other. 

  • We cook for ourselves. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment