Saturday, June 6, 2020

Lesson 65



  and pas try, wait, go etj. 

  1. try / be sure / wait and 

Shpesh herë në vend të try / be sure to… përdorim try and 

Kjo është informale. 

  • Try and eat something – you’ll feel better if you do. 
  • I’ll try and phone you tomorrow morning. 
  • Be sure and ask Uncle Joe about his garden. 


Kjo strukturë përdoret vetëm me trajtat themelore try / be sure. Kjo nuk mund të bëhet me tries, tried, trying ose me am / are / is / was / were sure. Krahaso: 

  • Try and eat something. 
  • tried to eat something. (JO: I tried and ate something.) 

Vini re gjithashtu shprehjen e zakonshme Wait and see – ‘Prit/Duro e do të shohësh.’ , ‘Prit/Duro e shiko.’

  • ‘What’s for lunch?’   ‘Wait and see.’ 


  1. come / go / etj. and… 

Come and…, go and…, run and…, hurry up and…, stay and, përdoren shpesh në të folurën informale me të njëjtën domethënie me strukturat paskajore. 

  • Come and have a drink. 
  • Stay and have a dinner. 
  • Hurry up and open the door. 

Kjo strukturë nuk përdoret vetëm me trajtën themelore të këtyre foljeve. 

  • He often comes and spends the evening with us. 
  • She stayed and played with the children. 
  • She thought of going and getting him. 

  1. anglishtja amerikane 

Në anglishten amerikane informale, shpesh herë pas formave themelore të go dhe come, and lihet jashtë. 
  • Let’s go see if Anne’s home. 
  • Go jump in the river. 
  • Come sit on my lap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment