Thursday, March 26, 2020




Mesimi # 7( Pjesa e dyte )

Definite and Indefinite articles ( Part two )
Nyjet shquese dhe jo shquese ( Pjesa e dyte )

In English we use a and an only with singular nouns that we can count: 
eg: ( eagle, bicycle)
Ne gjuhen angleze ne perdorim nyjet jo-shquese a dhe an me emra te cilet mund te
numurohen: psh: ( an eagle; a bicycle )

Do not use a and an with plural nouns. eg: ( eagles, bicycles )
Mos perdorni nyjet jo-shquese a apo an me emra ne numurin shumes.

Singular
Njejes
This is an eagle.
That is a bicycle.

Plural
Shumes
These are eagles.
Those are bicycles.
Do not use a or an with nouns that we do not count ( water, sugar ) or with
nouns that have only a plural form ( jeans, scissors, clothes... ).

Mos perdorni nyjet jo shquese a ose an me emra te cilet nuk mund te numurohen si psh:
( jeans, clothes, scissors...)

This is water. That is sugar. These are scissors. Those are clothes.

We may use words like some with plural nouns, nouns we can not count or nouns that 
have only a plural form.

Ne mund te perdorim fjale te tilla si fjala some me emra te numurit shumes apo
me emra te cilet nuk numurohen apo te cilet kane vetem formen e shumesit.

I have a dog. I have some cats. I like water. I need some sugar.
I have an apple. I have some cats. I have some clothes. I need some new clothes.



3. Use before consonant sounds ( b,c,d,f,g,h,j,k,l,m,n,p,q,r,s,t,v,w,y,z). Use an before 
vowel sounds (a,e,i,o,u ).

Perdorni nyjen jo shquese a perpara emrave te cilet fillojne me tingujt bashketingellore
si: ( b,c,d,f,g,h,j,k,l,m,n,p,q,r,t,v,w,y,z ). Perdorni nyjen jo-shquese
 an perpara emrave te cilet fillojne me tingullin zanor: ( a,e,i,o,u ).

4. Use an before silent h. Although these words begin with the letter h, they all begin 
with a vowel sound because letter h is not pronounced.

Perdorni nyjen jo-shquese an perpara fjaleve te cilat fillojne me shkronjen h.
Edhe pse ato fjale fillojne me bashketingelloren h, ajo shpesh here nuk
shqiptohen, pra eshte e pazeshme, dhe keshtu tingulli i vertete del me zanore
dhe jo me bashketingellore. psh:

He is an heir to his father's estate. I will be here for an hour.
An herb is a plant. Her husband is an honest man.


5. Use a before the letter u when it is proceeded by a y sound as in you.

Beni kujdes me fjalet te cilat fillojne me zanoren u ne dukje, sidomos kur
ajo paraprihet nga nje tingull y si tek fjala . Ne keto raste gjithmone perdorni
nyjen jo shquese a.

She is a university teacher.A meter is a unit of measure.
The workers joined a union.I received a utility bill in the mail.
The policeman is wearing a uniform. We bought a used refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment