Sunday, September 25, 2022

Common problems with count and uncount nouns

 Common problems with count and uncount nouns 

Probleme zakonshme me emrat e numërueshëm dhe të panumërueshëm 

 

 

Substances as count or uncount nouns 

Substancat si emra të numërueshëm ose të panumërueshëm 

 

   Substances are usually uncount nouns: 

   Substancat janë zakonisht emra të panumërueshëm: 

  • Would you like some cheese? 

  • Coffee keeps me awake at night. 

  • Wine makes me sleepy. 

 

   but they can also be used as count nouns: 

   por ato mund të përdoren edhe si emra të numërueshëm: 

  • I'd like a coffee, please. = I'd like a [cup of] coffee. 

  • May I have a white wine? = May I have a [glass of] white wine? 

  • They sell a lot of coffees. = They sell a lot of [different kinds of] coffee. 

  • I prefer white wines to red. = I prefer [different kinds of] white wine to red. 

  • They had over twenty cheeses. = They had over twenty [types of] cheese. 

  • This is an excellent soft cheese. = This [kind of] soft cheese is excellent. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment