Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The present perfect tense : use

 

  1. The present perfect tense : use 


The present perfect links the past with the present. We use it in three ways: 

Koha e kryer lidh te tashmen me te shkuaren. Ne e perdorim ate ne tre menyra: 

-when we are interested in the present result of a past action. 

 - kur jemi te interesuar ne rezultatin actual ten je veprimi ne te shkuaren. 


                Example 


She’s gone to the shops.(She’s at the shops now.) 

-when the activity started in the past and still continues in the present. Note: we do not use the present tense in this context 

-kur veprimi filloi ne te shkuaren dhe vazhdon ende ne te tashmen. Vereni: ne nuk e perdorim te tashmen ne kete kontekst. 


        Example 


I’ve worked here for five years.( And I still work here now.) 

ShapeNOT   I work here for five years. or I am working here for five years. 

-when we are referring to a time frame that comes up to the presnt. 

-kur i referohemi nje harku kohor qe vjen deri ne te tashmen. 


                    Examples 


I’ve been to London three times. (Up till now I’ve been there three times.) 

Have you seen Sue today? (We are still in the time frame of  ‘today’.) 


Note: when there is a past time reference (e.g. in 1993, two days ago, last week), we must use the past simple tense, not the present perfect. 

Vereni: kur ka nje referencte te kohes te kaluar (shmb. ne vitin 1993, dy dite me pare, javen e kaluar) , ne duhet te perdorim kohen e kryer te thjeshte , jo kohen e kryer. 


 

I 

You 

We 

They 

have 

ve 

have not 

haven’t 

 

 

 

 

been 

playing football 

 

writing book 

 

waiting for an hour 

 

working in USA. 

He 

She 

(It) 

has 

‘s 

has not 

hasn’t 

No comments:

Post a Comment