Friday, November 13, 2020

Lesson 130

 Lesson 130

The verb get is one of the most common in English. 

Folja'get' eshte nje nder foljet me te gjendura ne gjuhen angleze.

Get is used as a stand alone verb with various meanings. 

E perdorur pa asnje elemnet mbeshtetes prane saj, kjo folje ka me dhjetera kuptime. 


P.S. ( Si e tille ajo sjell probleme per menyren se si ne jemi mesuar ne gjuhen tone. Prandaj per ta lehtesuar pak kete gje le te shohim bashke, si me poshte vijon, nje tabele ku ilustrohen disa nga kuptimet baze te mevetesishme te kesaj folje interesante te gjuhes angleze.)

However, get also combines with a variety of prepositions to form phrasal verbs with a wide range of meanings.

Megjithate, folja 'get' gjithashtu mund te kombinohet me nje numur te madh parafjalesh duke ndertuar foljet frazale me kuptime nga me interesantet.

Here is a list of uses for get as a main verbget in phrasal verbs, get in idiomatic usage, and the present perfect form of have got to indicate possession.

Ne vijim do te gjeni nje liste perdorimesh te foljes 'get' si folje e mevetesishme:


Get Alone


arrive

She got to work an hour late.

receive

I got a book for my birthday.

earn

I get $7 an hour.

bring or fetch

Can you get that book for me?

understand

Do you get the lesson?

affected by, or catch

He got a cold last week.

catch or take

I got the 4:55 train to New York.

communicate with

I got him by phone.

have a strong effect on

That film really got me.

capture or seize

The police got him at the station.



Per te lehtesuar punen tuaj po ju paraqes ne vijim nje tabele sqaruese duke shpresuar se mund t'ju lehtesoje kuptimin e saj.


The meanings of get in English:


- Get + direct object ( = 'receive', 'obtain')

Where can i get some chestnuts?

I get a message from my son everyday.

Can you get me some tea, please?


- Get + adverb particle / preposition (= 'move' )

What time do you usually get up?

It takes me ten seconds to get to my office.

Get on the bus outside the Post Office, and get off at Lake Street.

Get out!!


- Get + adjective / past participle ( = 'become')

It's getting dark.

If you don't work too hard you will get fired. (get married/get lost/get killed)


- have got ( = 'possess')

You have got a beautiful smile.

You have got incredible memory.


===============================================================


No comments:

Post a Comment