Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Three Billy Goats Gruff


  Once upon a time there were three Billy Goats named Gruff who lived together on a mountainside. Now on their mountainside there was ery little to eat, but just across the way was a beautiful pasture of green grass. On the way to this pasture they had  to pass over  a bridge, and under  the bridge  lived a big bad troll. One day trip-trap, the youngest Billy Goat  Gruff started across the bridge. Who trips over my bridge? Roared the troll. Only Littlest Goat Gruff, said  the little goat in a soft voice. Aha. I am going to come up and eat you, said the troll.Oh , don’t eat me, cried the Littlest Gruff

                             My bigger brother is coming after me , and he is much bigger than I . So the troll grumbled and rumbled but he let the Littlest Billy Goat Gruff cross the bridge to pastuer. Soon trip-trap trip-trap the second Billy Goat Gruff started across the bridge. Who trips over my bridge? Roared the troll. Only middle-sized Billy Goat Gruff, said the second  goat. Aha, I am going to come up and eat you, said the troll. Oh don’t eat me, cried the Middle-Sized Gruff. My bigger brother is coming after me, and he is much bigger than I . So the troll grumbled  and rumbled, but he let the Middle-sized Billy Goat Gruff cross the bridge to the pasture. Soon trip-trap, trip-trap the biggest Billy goat Gruff started across the bridge. Who tramps over my bridge? Roared the troll. It is I , Great Big Billy Goat Gruff, shouted the biggest goat. Aha, I am going to come up and eat you, said the troll. Come along, cried Great Big Billy Goat Gruff. So up came the old troll. But the Grat Big Billy Goat Gruff put down his head and bounded forward and hurled that troll right off the bridge and he was never seen again. Then the Grat Big Billy Goat Gruff joined his brothers in the pasture. And the grass was so delicious that all three goats grew so fat that they could hardly walk home. And snip, snap, snout, my story’s out.

No comments:

Post a Comment