Saturday, July 26, 2014



Nothing is without meaning

My eyes are the light,
for the green of Spring and the white of the snow,
for the grey of the clouds
and for the blue of the sky,
for the stars at night,
and for the incredible miracle
of so many wonderful people around me.

My mouth is for the word,
For every gentle word
someone is waiting for.
My lips are for kissing
And my hands for softness, for tenderness,
For giving comfort and bread to the poor.

My feet are for the path
Which leads me to the dispossessed.
My heart is for love, for warmth,
For those who are abandoned and left in the cold.
My body exists to be close to others.
Without my body I am nowhere.

Nothing is without meaning!
Everything has a deep significance!
Why then am I not happy?
Are my eyes closed?
Is my mouth full of bitterness?
Are my hands ‘grabbers’ and my heart dry?
Don’t I know
That I was born for joy?



No comments:

Post a Comment