Monday, May 3, 2021

Lesson 189

 


  1. wouldcould dhe might 

 

Edhe foljet modale would, could dhe might, mund të përdoren gjithashtu për të bërë pyetje, kërkesa dhe sugjerime më pak të drejtpërdrejta. 

  • I thought it would be nice to have a picnic. 

  • Hi! I thought I’d come over and introduce myself. My name’s Michael. 

  • Could you give me a hand? 

  • Could I ask you to translate this for me? 

  • We could ask Peter to help us. 

  • I was wondering if you might be interested in a game of tennis? 

  • ‘I came in and ordered some shoes from you.’  ‘Oh yes, sir. When would that have been, exactly?’ 

 

Would përdoret shpesh për të formuar kërkesa dhe oferta me like dhe prefer. 

  • What would you like to drink? 

 

Duhet të keni parasysh që për të bërë që një deklaratë të duket më pak e përcaktuar, përpara foljeve të të folurit dhe të të menduarit (verbs of saying and thinking) vendosim zakonisht would. 

  • would say we’d do better to catch the earlier train. 

  • This is what I would call annoying. 

  • would think we might stop for lunch soon. 

  • I’m surprised you didn’t like the film. I would have thought it was just your kind of thing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment