Monday, March 8, 2021

Personal pronouns in English

 Personal pronouns – Përemrat vetorë 

 

The two personal pronounsI and me are often used wrongly, usually in sentences in which I is being used with another noun. Here are some tips to help you get it right: 

Përemrat vetorë të gjuhës angleze I dhe me shpesh përdoren gabim, zakonisht në ato fjali në të cilat I, përdoret së bashku me një emër tjetërNdiqni me kujdes këshillat e mëposhtme me qëllim që ju të mos gaboni në përdorimin saktë të tij: 

 

  • Use the pronoun I, along with other subjective pronouns such as we, he, she, you, and they, when the pronoun is the subject of a verb: 

Përemrat vetorë I, you, he, she, it, we, you dhe theykur përemri është kryefjala e foljes:  

  • He went to bed. 

  • We waited for the bus. 

  • Clare and I are going for a coffee. 

 

In the last example, the pronoun I, together with the proper nounClare, forms the subject of the sentence, so you need to use I rather than me. 

 shembullin e funditpëremri Ibashkë me emrin e përveçëm Clareformon kryefjalën e fjalisëkështu  nevojitet  përdorni I  vend  me. 

 

  • Use the pronoun me, along with other objective pronouns such as us, him, her, you, and them, when the pronoun is the object of a verb: 

Përdorni përemrat meyou, him, her, us,dhethemkur përemri është kundrina e foljes 

  • Danny thanked them. 

  • The dog followed John and me to the door. 

 

In the last example, the pronoun me, together with the proper noun John, forms the object of the verb follow, so you need to use me rather than I. 

 shembullin e funditpëremri mebashkë me emrin e përveçëm Johnformon kundrinën e foljes followkështu  nevojitet  përdorni me  vend  I. 

 

  • Use the pronoun me, along with other objective pronouns such as us, him, her, you, and them, when the pronoun is the object of a preposition: 

Përdorni përemrat me, us, him, her, youdhe themkur përemri është kundrina e një parafjale: 

  • Rose spent the day with Jake and me. 

 

Me, together with Jake, forms the object of the preposition with, so you need to use the pronoun me rather than the pronoun I. 

Mebashkë me Jakeformon kundrinën e parafjalës withkështu  ju nevojitet  përdorni përemrin me  vend  përemrit I. 

 

  • An easy way of making sure you’ve chosen the right pronoun is to see whether the sentence reads properly if you remove the additional pronoun: 

Një mënyrë e lehtë për  qenë i sigurt se keni zgjedhur përemrin e duhur është  shihni nëse fjalia lexohet  mënyrën e duhur nëse hiqni përemrin plotësues: 

 

 I am going for a coffee. 

 Me am going for a coffee. 

 Rose and I went for a coffee. 

 Rose and me went for a coffee. 

 The dog followed me. 

 The dog followed I. 

 Rose spent the day with me. 

 Rose spent the day with I. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment