Monday, January 11, 2021

Park in the sun

 

Park in the sun

In reality I don’t have such a long time on this world.

Between the eternity before my birth and the eternity

After my death, I am given such a short time for parking

on our little planet.

I have my own parking meter.

I can’t put back its hand. Neither can I make it give me

more time by popping in a few more coins.

My parking time here is relentlessly limited. There is

not a single thing I can do about it. My life is like  my

name written in the sand: a tiny breeze and it is gone.

So what should you do?

Don’t whatever you do cry about it. Try to park your 

Life in the sun and not in a wasps’ nest of quarrels and

wrangles, of nerve-wracking worries and problems.

Make beautiful days! Be enthusiastic about light, about

life,about good people and about good things. Be

friendly and warm to the old man who knows that his

parking time is nearly over. Be warm towards the sick,

the handicapped, the dispossessed, the disillusioned,

the cheated and the many unhappy folk who no longer

have a place in the sun.Make beautiful days for them

and for the people around you. You have to do

nothing more to be happy in yourself.

Park in the sun and the parking meter tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment