Friday, January 30, 2015

TOEFL tests/ Incomplete Sentences/ Advanced level #  20


PAST TENSES

Q1 I told them I ….. just going out for a short walk.

(a) would                     (b) am                        (c) was                            (d) will


Q2 He asked me what I ……. with the paint brush.

(a) did do                       (b) had done                          (c) will do                       (d) have done


Q3 She told me …… carefully on the icy roads.

(a) to be driven                                 (b) to have driven                       (c) to drive             (d) to be driven


Q4 I wonder what ….. happened while I was away.

(a) will have                        (b) has                           (c) was                         (d) had


Q5 She wonders why I never ……. abroad by plane.

(a) travel          (b) have been travelling            (c) has travelled                 (d) will have travelled


Q6 Quite honestly all I was doing was simply …… polite conversation.

(a) made                         (b) making                        (c) having made                    (d) makes


Q7 He was wondering what …… promoted him to take no notice at all.

(a) has                           (b) have                             (c) had                         (d) having


Q8 I was asking myself what in all honesty she …… do next.

(a) will                            (b) would                    (c) shall                          (d) had   


Q9 He actually denied ….. anything of the sort.

(a) to do                         (b) done                         (c) did                        (d) doing


Q10 He came into the room and demanded …. what was happening.

(a) to know                         (b) knowing                      (c) know                        (d) having known



No comments:

Post a Comment