Wednesday, December 17, 2014

TOEFL tests/ Incomplete Sentences/ Advanced level #  17

LEAVE ME ALONE

Q1 Alan: Excuse me ….. but what are you doing?

(a) intervening                   (b) interviewing                (c) interrupting                           (d) intercepting


Q2 User: I should have though it was pretty ………

(a) obvious                          (b) absolute                         (c) noticeable                          (d) accurate


Q3 Alan: Well, I only asked --- there’s no need to bite my …… off!

(a) nose                          (b) head                           (c) arm                           (d) leg


Q4 User: Sorry I didn’t mean to be rude but I’m trying to ……..

(a) deliberate                            (b) ruminate                          (c) concentrate                       (d) cogitate


Q5 Alan: I see and what is the …….. you are working on ?

(a) duty                       (b) task                            (c) work                         (d) goal


Q6 User: I’m working on those ….. English tests, which I find very interesting.

(a) notorious                       (b) fabled                     (c) famous                      (d) infamous


Q7 Alan: Oh, yes I’ve heard of them. Do they ….. you with your English?

(a) aid                          (b) support                         (c) help                         (d) comfort


Q8 User: Yes, they would do if you didn’t …….. in asking questions.

(a) continue                              (b) persist                     (c) insist                       (d) pursue


Q9 Alan: If that’s how you feel, I’ll leave you ……..

(a) lonely                              (b) lonesome                        (c) alone                            (d) apart


Q10 User: Whan an excellent ideal! Leave me in …… and go and write another  test.


(a) piece                     (b) peacetime                  (c) peaceful                     (d) peace
  

1.c  2.a; 3.a; 4.a; 5. d; 6.c; 7.c; 8.c;  9. c; 10. d;

No comments:

Post a Comment