Saturday, June 2, 2018


23 WILL OR BE GOING TO

Compare will and going to.

Krahaso will me going to.

Will
Going To
1.    We use will with an infinitive (go, do, make, work etc):
Ne perdorim will me nje folje ne paskajore (shkoj, bej, pergatis, punoj etj):
Infinitive (paskajorja)
·       Nick will wait for you.

2.    We use will for actions that we decide to do now, at the moment of speaking:
Ne perdorim will per veprime qe vendosim ti bejme tani, ne momentin qe flasim:
Past                      Now
                              Speaking
                              Decision
·       The phone’s ringing.
·       I will answer it.
A: What would you like to drink?
B: I’ll have a tea, please.
·       We can use will for offers and promises:
Ne mund te  perdorim will per oferta dhe premtime:
·       I’ll hold your book for you. (offer)
·       I won’t give up this time.
3.    We use will to talk about things that we think or believe will happen in the future:
Ne perdorim will per te folur perreth gjerave qe mendojme ose besojme se do te ndodhin ne te ardhmen:
·       I’m sure you’ll like her.
·       I’m sure it won’t snow tomorrow. It’ll be another sunny day.

1.    We use be going with to+ infinitive ( to cook, to take, to do, to snow etc:)
Ne perdorim be going me to + paskajoren ).
To + Infinitive
·       It’s going to snow soon.
·       Her father is going to come this afternoon.
·       It isn’t going to snow today.
·       What are you going to do on Monday?
2.    We use be going to for actions that we have decided to do before we speak:
Ne perdorim be going to (do te) per veprime qe kemi vendosur ti bejme perpara se flasim.
Past                                       Now
                decision                speaking
·       I’m going to do my homework this evening. ( I decided to do my homework this afternoon)
·       We can ask questions about people’s plans:
Ne mund te bejme pyetje perreth planeve te njerezve:
·       Are you going to take the six o’clock plane? (=have you decided to take the six o’clock plane?)
3.    We use be going to for something that we expect to happen, because the situation now indicates that is going to happen:
Ne perdorim be going to per dicka qe ne presim te ndodhi, sepse situata regon se ajo do te ndodhi.
·       She’s running towards the goal, and she’s going to score.

PRACTICE

Praktika

A.    Complete the sentences, using the words in brackets ( ) and I’ll or a form of be going to.

Plotesoni fjalite, duke perdorur fjalet ne kllapa dhe I’ll ose nje forme te be going to.

A: Are you going to watch TV tonight?
B: Yes, I’m going to watch (I/watch) my favourite programme at nine o’clock.
1)    A: What…………………………….(you/eat) tonight? What food have you bought?
B: I haven’t bought any food. Well, why don’t you come to my house?……………………………………………(I/cook) us something nice to eat.
2)    A: I’m going into the centre of town tomorrow. …………………………(I/buy) some new clothes.
            B: Oh, what ………………………..(you/get)?
            A:  …………………………..(I/look) for a T-shirt and some jeans. I’d like to  go into the centre too.
              B: ………………………………..(I/come) with you.
3)    A: ……………………………(I /leave) work late tomorrow. There is a meeting at six p.m.
             B: Oh, I didn’t know that. Well, ……………………………..(I/ see) you after the meeting .
4)    …………………(I/phone) Brian at six o’clock. I promised to phone him this evening.
5)    A: Are you going to have a holiday in this summer?
            B: Yes, …………………………………….(I/travel) around Europe with a friend.

B.    Choose the correct sentence and cross out that which is incorrect.

Zgjidhni fjalite e sakta dhe largoni ato qe nuk jane te sakta.

Relax, I’ll answer it. / Relax, I’m going to answer it.

a)     You look hot, I’ll open a window. / You look hot, I’m going to open a window.
b)    Next year, we’re going to enter the Chinese market./ Next year, we’ll enter the Chinese market.
c)     Thanks, I’m going to have an orange juice. / Thanks, I’ll have an orange juice.
d)    Have a rest, I’m going to do the photocopying./ Have a rest, I’ll do the photocopying
e)    Thursday is no good for me, I’m afraid. I’ll meet the new manager of our London office./ Thursday is no good for me, I’m afraid I’m going to meet the new manager of our London office.

C.     You are at a party. Here are some of the questions you are asked. Reply using will or be going to.

Ju jeni ne nje feste. Ketu paraqiten disa pyetje per ju. Pergjigjuni duke perdorur will ose going to.

A: Hi, nice to see you. Would you like a drink?
B: (I/have/a coke, please) I’ll have a coke, please.
1)    A: What are you doing these days?
B:  (nothing much, but I/start a new job soon)……………………………………….
2)    A: Would you like something to eat?
B:  (thanks, I/have/ a sandwich). …………………………………………………………………..
3)    A:  What are your plans for the weekend?
B:  (I/do/some shopping tomorrow and I/go/for a swim on Saturday.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………..
4)    A:  Why is Emma standing by the piano?
B:  (she/sing/, I’m afraid) ………………………………………………………………..
5)    A:  This cake looks delicious. Are you going to have some?
B:  ( No, but I’m sure you/enjoy/it) …………………………………………………………
6)    A:  How are you getting home?
B:  (Nick/give/ me a lift) ………………………………………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment