Wednesday, June 25, 2014




D

  These evenings are all connected with football but a short story as the following won't take much of your time. Wish you all enjoying reading it.

fm

The Foolish Milkmade.

                           







 One day a milkmaid was walking along, carrying a jar of milk on her head. As  she went  she thought:
                            With the money I earn from  selling this milk I shall buy some eggs. Then I shall have three hundred eggs. From those I should  get at least two hundred and fifty  baby chicks. When the chickens are old enough I shall sell them in the market and with the money they bring I shall buy  a new dress. It will be, let’s see.  I think blue is my most becoming color, so it will be blue.. I’ll wear  my new dress  to the fair  and I shall  look so beautiful that  all the young  men will  be begging for a dance with me. But I shall just toss my head and walk away. As she thought about it , she tossed her head proudly and  down in the dust  rolled the jar from her head, spilling milk all around. And away flew all her fine dreams. It never  pays to count your chickens before they are hatched.
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment