Friday, January 28, 2022

Enough

 Enough 

Mjaft 

 

     Do you know how to use the word ‘enough’? Look at these examples to see how ‘enough’ is used. 

     A dini si ta përdorni fjalën ‘mjaft’? Shikoni këta shembuj për të parë si përdoret ‘mjaft’? 

  • She’s not old enough to walk yet. 

  • We are not acting fast enough to stop climate change. 

  • I don’t read enough. 

  • Is there enough coffee for everyone? 

  • We’ve had enough of their lies. 

 

 

Try this exercise to test your grammar. 

Provoni këtë ushtrim për të testuar njohuritë tuaja gramatikore. 

 

  Choose the correct option to complete the sentences. 

  Zgjidhni opsionin e saktë për të plotësuar fjalitë. 

  1. Those children don’t look _____ to go to this school. 

  • old enough 

  • enough old 

  • enough of old 

 

  1. I should have helped more. I’m sorry I didn’t _____. 

  • enough do 

  • do enough 

  • enough of do 

 

  1. If we don’t get _____, we start to feel depressed. 

  • enough vitamin D 

  • vitamin D enough 

  • enough of vitamin D 

 

  1. That’s _____, thanks. I’m too full to eat another bite! 

  • enough of 

  • enough 

  • had enough 

 

  1. I haven’t got _____ to start a new hobby. 

  • enough free time 

  • free enough time 

  • enough of free time 

 

  1. We’ve got _____ the red material but I don’t think we’ve got the blue. 

  • enough 

  • of enough 

  • enough of 

 

  1. If you ask him _____, he might let you borrow his car. 

  • nicely enough 

  • enough nicely 

  • nicely enough of 

 

  1. I don’t have a _____ to get a dog. 

  • big enough of house 

  • big enough house 

  • house enough big 

 

 

Read the explanation to learn more. 

Lexoni shpjegimin për të mësuar më shumë. 

 

 

 

Grammar explanation 

Shpjegimi gramatikor 


     ‘Enough’ means ‘as much as necessary’. It can be used with an adjective, an adverb, a verb or a noun. It can also act as a pronoun. 

     ‘Mjaft’ do të thotë ‘aq sa nevojitet’. Ajo mund të përdoret me një mbiemër, një ndajfolje, një folje apo një emër. Gjithashtu mund të veprojë si një përemër. 

 

 

With adjectives and adverbs 

Me mbiemra dhe ndajfolje 


     ‘Enough’ comes after adjectives and adverbs. 

     ‘Mjaft’ vjen pas mbiemrave dhe ndajfoljeve. 

  • I’m not tall enough to reach the top shelf. 

  • Your marks are good enough to study engineering at university. 

  • I couldn’t write quickly enough and I ran out of time. 

  • I’ve helped at conferences often enough to know what can go wrong. 

 

 

With verbs 

Me folje 


     ‘Enough’ comes after verbs. 

     ‘Mjaft’ vjen pas foljeve. 

  • I make sure I drink enough during the day. 

  • I don’t read enough but I’m going to start downloading books to my phone.  

 

 

With nouns 

Me emra 


     ‘Enough’ comes before nouns. 

     ‘Mjaft’ vjen para emrave. 

  • There isn’t enough bread to make sandwiches. 

  • Have you got enough money? 

 

 

As a pronoun 

Si një përemër 


     ‘Enough’ can also be used without a noun.  

     ‘Mjaft’ gjithashtu mund të përdoret pa një emër. 

  • I’ll get some more chairs. There aren’t enough. 

  • A: Do you want more coffee?  

B: No, I’ve had enough, thanks. 

 

     We know what the noun is because of the context. 

     Ne e dimë se çfarë është emri për arsye të kontekstit. 

 

 

With an adjective and a noun 

Me një mbiemër dhe një emër 


     When enough is used with an adjective and a noun, two positions are possible but the meaning changes. 

     Kur mjaft përdoret me një mbiemër dhe një emër, dy pozicione janë të mundura por me kuptime të ndryshme. 

  • We haven’t got big enough envelopes. (Nuk kemi zarfa mjaftueshëm të mëdhenj.) 

  • We haven’t got enough big envelopes. (Nuk kemi mjaftueshëm zarfa të mëdhenj.) 

 

     When enough is after the adjective (big enough envelopes), it describes the adjective – the envelopes are too small. When enough is before the adjective (enough big envelopes), it describes the noun phrase – we have some big envelopes, but we need more. 

     Kur mjaft ndodhet pas një mbiemri (zarfa mjaftueshëm të mëdhenj), ajo përshkruan mbiemrin – zarfat janë të vegjël. Kur mjaft është para mbiemrit (mjaftueshëm zarfa të mëdhenj), ajo përshkruan grupin emëror – ne kemi disa zarfa të mëdhenj, por na nevojiten më shumë. 

 

 

enough of 

mjaft nga 


     We normally only use enough of when it is followed by a determiner or a pronoun (a/an/the, this/that, my/your/his, you/them, etc.). 

     Normalisht ne përdorim mjaft nga vetëm kur ndiqet nga një përcaktor ose një përemër (nyjet joshquese ‘një’, nyja shquese ‘the’, ky/kjo, e imja/jotja/e tij, juve/atyre, etj.). 

  • There isn’t enough of that bread to make sandwiches for everyone. 

  • I’ve seen enough of his work to be able to recommend him. 

  • There’s enough of us to make a difference. 

 

Do this exercise to test your grammar again. 

Bëni këtë ushtrim për të testuar sërish njohuritë tuaja gramatikore. 

 

  Choose the correct option to complete the sentences. 

  Zgjidhni opsionin e saktë për të plotësuar fjalitë. 


  1. I’m worried I didn’t bring _____ for cold weather. 

  • clothes enough 

  • enough clothes 

  • enough of clothes 

 

  1. My job doesn’t pay _____. 

  • enough well 

  • enough of well 

  • well enough 

 

  1. We lost. Our players just aren’t _____ yet. 

  • enough good 

  • good enough 

  • enough of good 

 

  1. Did you buy more oil? There _____ here. 

  • isn’t enough 

  • enough isn’t 

  • isn’t enough of 

 

  1. There isn’t _____ that cake for everyone to have some. 

  • enough 

  • enough of 

  • of enough 

 

  1. I don’t _____! 

  • go out enough 

  • enough go out 

  • enough of go out 

 

  1. I’ve dropped a euro between those two cupboards but I don’t have _____ to get it. 

  • enough small hands 

  • enough of small hands 

  • small enough hands 

 

  1. Is there _____ to finish decorating the bathroom? 

  • enough blue paint 

  • blue enough paint 

  • paint enough blue 

No comments:

Post a Comment